The California Asian Pacific Islander Legislative Caucus represents and advocates for the interests of the diverse API communities throughout California. It seeks to increase Asian Pacific Islander participation and representation in all levels of government.
Amongst its goals, the Caucus seeks to:
- Increase API representation in all levels of government, including statewide appointments and statewide elected offices.
- Ensure the API community has equal access to education, social services, health, mental health, and other government programs and services.
- Preserve safety net health, mental health, and social service programs that serve the API community.
- Ensure language access and culturally competent services in government programs.
- Strengthen protections against hate crimes and defend the civil rights and liberties of APIs.
- Fight racial stereotypes and negative portrayals of APIs in the media.
- Promote greater civic participation and knowledge about major policy issues among API communities.
- Build common interest and communications among the various API communities.